Thursday, September 2, 2021

Dire Straits- Money for Nothing

    

The song Money for Nothing was released in 1985 by a British rock band called the Dire Straits. This ended being the second track on their fifth album that really took storm. I had absolutely no idea what the Dire Straits were and even what this song was. After I turned the song on I figured out that I have heard it before because of the introduction. When really listening to this song, you start to realize that there is a bigger meaning to it.


For example, in the song it says "look at them yo-yos, that's the way you do it. You play the guitar on MTV. This lyric is trying to allude to a bigger meaning. When doing research about this song, I figured out that these rock stars ended up writing this song about an encounter that they had when being in a New York Department store. They ended up overhearing a delivery man complain about his job while he was watching MTV. As you can tell the video is shot with animations and it does look like an earlier video that would be on MTV. Altogether, I think that they did a really good job with the music video for when it came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment